A vehicle fleet tracker is a piece of software which allows users to track multiple vehicles. Businesses that have access to their vehicle’s location at all times are able to make quick decisions on the spot. Fleet trackers are often used by companies that need to make multiple pick ups and drop offs a day.
What Are the Benefits of Using Vehicle Fleet Trackers?
There are several benefits businesses can gain from using a fleet tracker. Some of these benefits are listed below.
- Save money. Companies can use trackers to focus on drivers who speed and/or waste fuel. doing so will reduce petrol and maintenance costs. It may also reduce the amount of insurance the company needs to pay every year.
- Keep an eye on mileage. Fleet systems remind business owners to get their vehicles service regularly. This keeps the mileage down and avoids penalties for problems like bald tires. Low mileage is essential if owners want to sell their vehicle for a higher price later on.
- Discounted insurance. Some insurance companies offer discounts to cars with a GPS tracking system. This is because it encourages drivers to drive more safely and makes the vehicle easier to recover when/if it is stolen.
- Improved productivity. If employees know their movements are being tracked, they are unlikely to take long/unnecessary breaks. As employee activities are being monitored employees may choose to do things in a more efficient manner.
- Better customer service. Fleet tracking gives businesses the opportunity to be more customer friendly. For example, a cab company can tell customers where their cab is coming from and how long they will take to arrive.
- Discovering which employees are doing their job properly. The information gleaned from tracking systems can be used to reward productive employees and punish those who are inefficient.
- Lower phone bills. As businesses no longer need to contact their employees to find out their location, their phone bills will be lowered.
- Because businesses have fleet information on the screen in front of them, they can answer queries rapidly.
Overall, there is no reason why a company that has more than one vehicle should not use a vehicle fleet tracker. Tracking software will reduce downtime, improve productivity and make life easier for employees. This in turn will lead to higher profits in the long run